I could say that snow interrupted my plans, but that would require me to have plans to begin with.
- That said, yeah, it sure did snow quite a bit. I ended up stuck at home from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday morning. Fortunately the power never went out, and I had procured enough supplies that it wasn’t a problem (in fact, I’m still working through said supplies–by which I mean junk food, of course–and it looks like I’ll finish just in time for my trip home next week).
- I got the oil changed in my car Tuesday (which was honestly the only reason I left home that day; otherwise I would have waited until Wednesday… except see below). Now my vehicle is as ready as I can get it for the long jaunt home. I may have gotten stuck in the snow in the service station parking lot, but I won’t tell if you don’t.
- We also had an extended game night Tuesday night, which meant I had to get rolling anyhow. We played Terraforming Mars. It was a fine, if underwhelming, experience. The game is an engine builder, which is one of my favorite types, but honestly it just felt like it had way more surface complexity (and subsequently took a long time to play) without necessarily providing a lot more in the way of actual enjoyment. I think the time would be better spent on three games of Race for the Galaxy.
- Speaking of board games, we also had an “online game night” on Thursday. Sadly several people didn’t actually get their setup tested beforehand, so what should have been a group of six people ended up being a group of three due to technical issues. We played Dominion and Century: Spice Road, both of which I like a lot.
- I finished up The Labyrinth Index, which was very good, if very dark. I’ve intentionally not started anything new since. I plan on bringing my Kindle home for the holidays, and probably reading several of the Wheel of Time novels on it while I’m there.
- I’ve continued to play Tametsi off and on as, really, the only videogame I’m currently into. It’s been scratching both the game and the puzzle itch.
- It dawned on me Wednesday that the sixth (and final) season of The Americans might be on Amazon Prime Video at this point. Sure enough, it was. I ended up watching all ten episodes back-to-back, something I hadn’t done in ages. The last episode was one of the best hours of television I’ve ever seen, and the season reaffirmed just how good the show was; I’ll be writing a “Here’s a Thing” for it sometime soon. But, uh, just watch it if you haven’t already.
Tomorrow’s the holiday party, which I’ve thankfully managed to wrangle a ride for; I wasn’t excited about having to drive to Asheville this weekend and then an additional 13+ hours come Wednesday for the trip back home. I’m already feeling apprehensive about all of it, but that’s pretty typical for me. I’ll manage. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep up my posting schedule while I’m back in Louisiana, but I make no promises. In any event: still not bored!