Hey, I adulted this week! Just a bit, but still.
- Nearly a thousand dollars of work on my car–four new tires, new front brakes, further brake work–but hopefully that’s all it’ll need for the next couple of years. I’ve been driving my Scion xD now for a decade and it’s never had a single actual mechanical problem, knock on wood. Let’s keep that trend going.
- More Transparent and The Expanse, although I’m almost done with the latter. I’m delighted that they finished the adaptation of the first book halfway through the second season; they let the material breathe more with those extra episodes, and it paid off.
- Still playing way, way too much Let It Die. I need to beat it so I can put it aside.
- I’m over 60wpm with Colemak. Improvements are much slower now, but I’m already a faster typist than the majority of the world, so I’ll take it.
- Turns out that montelukast (brand name Singulair) actually works when Claritin doesn’t, so I have a sense of taste again. That’s nice.
- Watching a lot of Twitch. Mostly Landail and catsonurhead still, but also one of my old coworkers who streams Spelunky on Thursday nights, and…
- …various folks streaming Prismata. I backed it on Kickstarter years ago, and it finally hit Steam Early Access yesterday. Several biggish streamers have been sponsored to play it; those streams are generally awful, with lots of people whining about the streamer not playing Gwent or Hearthstone or whatever. What’s been much better are the random small streamers jumping in and having fun. It’s been neat to see this from the side of someone already very familiar with the game.
I’m overdue for a longer form retrospective, given that I’m five weeks in. I’ll try to write one this coming week, along with a bit more besides. I still haven’t figured out a review-discuss format I’m happy with, which is stymieing my writing some, and as I’ve mentioned before my life isn’t exactly action-packed, so it’s hard to come up with topics that won’t bore most of you out of your skull. I’ll work on it, though.