Able to breathe like a normal human being? Nah. Apparently that’s not in the cards.
Bored? Never. Never!
- After speeding up roughly 2wpm a day since I started learning Colemak, I’ve hit something of a plateau over the last couple of days in the mid-50s. I’ve spiked to 58wpm a couple of times, but never over. My low accuracy rate is killing my momentum; I haven’t internalized the new keyboard layout anywhere near the level of QWERTY, and that lack is finally showing through. I’m trying to force myself to not hit keys until I’m sure they’re the right ones, but the back of my mind is all GOTTA GO FAST, and so I typo all over the place. Only having Backspace on Caps Lock is keeping me from still being in the low 30s. I realize that 58wpm is well above average, but it’s roughly half of my old typing speed, which is just. too. slow. And “a word a second” is so tantalizingly close…
- I continue to work through Transparent and The Expanse, albeit at a slower rate than I would normally go. I’m not even managing an episode a day. That’s because of…
- Videogames. Mostly Let It Die. So much Let It Die. But also quite a bit of Gems of War, which is a free-to-play match-3 game made by the people who made Puzzle Quest back in the day. It’s definitely the sleaziest of the four F2P games I’ve played heavily (the other two are Spelunker World and Warframe, if you’re curious), but the match-3 gameplay is just so good that I’m willing to overlook its flaws. I actually put small sums of money this week into all of them other than Spelunker World. Unsurprisingly, the best dollar-to-value deal was Let It Die. If you own a PS4, you owe it to yourself to check it out.
- I read my first novel of retirement, Version Control by Dexter Palmer. I recommend it. More here.
- I should probably do something about the car before the wheels all fall off at the same time, like in a cartoon.
- Can’t write. Gotta learn how to type first! (Are they buying it?)